Turn off Illustrator "Catch up with what's new" notification

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how to turn off this notification for the Learn window in Illustrator? It pops up every single time I open Illustrator, multiple times a day regardless of when I last opened, and it's driving me crazy. It's not useful or interesting, but I can't find anyone that's successfully turned it off. 

Screen Shot 2021-02-08 at 11.03.54 AM.png

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far, it appears that the Illustrator team has failed to address this issue for some years.
However a user came up with what appears to be a possible workaround. Please note: this is not Adobe approved, nor do I recommend it - but if you feel confident in your computer abilities - AND have a great backup, maybe follow the suggestions on this page:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/how-do-i-turn-off-that-annoying-tour-window/td-p/9608050

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue. Very frustrating. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem as well. sometimes it pops up halfway through the day even. If it was ONLY when I opened, as much as it's irritating I could overlook it... but popping up at random intervals is terribly distracting. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem and do most of my work in Illustrator. This was added with the update. I tried turning off notifications in preferences but that doesn't stop this. Why would anyone think adding something so disruptive would be an idea? It should display once and then never be shown again. If you click on it, it offers you no way to turn it off again. You have one of two options, remind me again forever every single time you reopen the program, or clieck OK and then manually close the window. It seems like such a sophomoric thing to do not to mention pandering to experienced professionals. Whoever's idea this was, knows absolutley nothing about the core audience using this program daily.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines