• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3 pages in 1 spread - vertical

Participant ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to create 3 pages in 1 spread, similar to the first screenshot. 

However I want to do it vertically - as you can see in the second screenshot I didn't manage to move them in 1 spread.

Any help will be appreciated

Screen Shot 2018-10-09 at 14.47.23.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-09 at 14.34.55.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

That is not possible, but you can rotate the view of a three-page spread. Create the spread, right click and choose Page Attributes > Rotate Spread View > 90 degrees clockwise.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set them side-by-side horizontally, then rotate the spread.

Screenshot 2018-10-09 08.58.18.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not possible, but you can rotate the view of a three-page spread. Create the spread, right click and choose Page Attributes > Rotate Spread View > 90 degrees clockwise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I will do it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this still true in ID 2020? I saw a tutorial on YouTube where someone made vertical spreads in InDesign by using the page tool. I followed the tutorial but it didn't work for me even though I'm using 15.1.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no way to build a vertical spread, however you can build the spread like the first screenshot, then from menu: View > Rotate Spread > 90°CW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi together,

it is possible to do three pages vertically in one spread since InDesign CS5.

But you cannot do this with a facing-pages document.

With non-facing pages documents just add two pages to an existing spread with one spread and move the pages around with the Page Tool. In non-facing pages documents you can do this without any restrictions. You even can overlap pages.

Not so with facing-pages documents where every page in a spreads snaps to the next one.

ThreePagesInOneSpread-Vertically.PNG

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was asking about ID 2020, if the work-around you show here is still needed, or if "real" vertical spreads-not horizontal spreads rotated in page view-are possible. Apparently I have to work with everything rotated. This rotating complicates certain aspects of printing, and means I have to manually all the contents of 48 pages that were built "right side up." I thought I'd check the forums before doing al that work possibly for nothing, but it seems that is still my only option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cindy,

see the screenshots of my previous reply just above yours.

There is no spread view rotation. The three pages in the same spread are moved into positon with the Page tool.

This is possible with all versions of InDesign CS5 up to the lastest one, InDesign 2020.

Important: The prerequisite for this to work is a non-facing pages document!

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working in a non-facing pages document and the page tool was incapable of working as you show in your screen shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before you tried to arrange the pages did you create a multi page spread, Uwe sort of skipped over that part. So:

Screen Shot 32.png

Uncheck Allow Document Pages to Shuffle

Screen Shot 33.png

In the Pages panel drag the page icons to create a 3 page spread

Screen Shot 34.png

Drag and drop the actual pages with the pages tool

Screen Shot 35.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I took all the steps you illustrate, which is why I wanted you to see my screen video to prove it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I took a screen video but I can't upload. I suppose I could put it on YouTube and give a link but I have meetings I need to attend at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines