• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A3 won´t print the bottom Part of the Page

Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to Print a Document in A3, problem is I can't print the bottom 1,5 cm on the page (see attached file),

Tried all the settings, tried to export it as PDF, same result,

is that a Printer Problem (or Limitation) or I’m missing something?

W10 22H2, InDesign 18.0, EPSON SC-P5000

Thanks in advance for the support.

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

*Final Update*

I was finally able to print to the entire (almost) A3 paper,

what does “almost” means?

Well, I was able to print with “0” margin on both right and left side and 3 mm margin on top on bottom part.

After looking for that on many forums, I realized that the 3 mm gap on both, top and bottom part, could be a printer limitation.

If someone found himself in my same situation, I leave the configuration that I used to achieve those margins.

I would like to thank Derek Cross and James Gifford for

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be the limit of your printer's printing area – check the documentation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derek, thanks for the reply.

I checked the Documentation of my printer, and it says 3 mm minimum margin to each side, (top, left and right side margins are 3 mm), bottom side margin is 15mm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should always print from a PDF created from InDesign, rather than directly from InDesign. The print doc margins look promising – are you sure the bottom bit of the image is missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should always print from a PDF created from InDesign, rather than directly from InDesign.

I find this to be a very strange recommendation. There are many times that printing directly is a proper and optimal method. While I agree with some of the gist and likely reasons, it should not be necessary or an ordinary workflow to export to PDF just to print an ID document, and I am not sure the Acrobat print methods work any better with a driver than do those from ID.

About the only way PDF would help here would be if the doc was exported to an overall simpler, smaller format, which may not yield the results the OP wants.

╟ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) ╢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Given that A3 is a large sheet size for a home/office printer, I would bet more on the driver or printer running out of working memory or page space than anything else.

Reduce the complexity of the page and see if it prints. It may be that while your printer can handle the print size, it can only do so with relatively memory-efficient fonts and limited graphics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Little Update,

I tried to export the file as JPEG (to have more compression as possible in order to avoid filling the printer memory),

same result, then I switched to A4, same result, then I printed the same JPEG file from another Printer (OKI Printer that we use in our Lab for simple document), here is the difference

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*Final Update*

I was finally able to print to the entire (almost) A3 paper,

what does “almost” means?

Well, I was able to print with “0” margin on both right and left side and 3 mm margin on top on bottom part.

After looking for that on many forums, I realized that the 3 mm gap on both, top and bottom part, could be a printer limitation.

If someone found himself in my same situation, I leave the configuration that I used to achieve those margins.

I would like to thank Derek Cross and James Gifford for the effort to help me figure the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Few home/office printers can print to page margins, although it's become more common with multifunction printers with photo-printing capabilites or a simulation of it.

Most printers have at least 1/4 inch of print margin on most page sizes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines