• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding and editing rubi in English indesign

Engaged ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After all these years, is there still no fix (or script) for adding rubi to Japanese/Chinese characters in English or European-language versions of InDesign? I am sure there are many like me would even be willing to pay for such a script or plug-in to have this functionality. As it is, I have to borrow a computer with Japanese InDesign installed whenever I need ruby...

TOPICS
Feature request , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Well, you could always follow Ken Lunde's instructions for having an install of InDesign with English UI and CJK toolset. Back in the old days, you could have bought World Tools Pro, which granted you access to both RTL and CJK toolsets in English-interface InDesign. I'm sure it's all scriptable as well. 

Edit: Or you could go submit a feature request over at indesign.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you could always follow Ken Lunde's instructions for having an install of InDesign with English UI and CJK toolset. Back in the old days, you could have bought World Tools Pro, which granted you access to both RTL and CJK toolsets in English-interface InDesign. I'm sure it's all scriptable as well. 

Edit: Or you could go submit a feature request over at indesign.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 30, 2022 Jul 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried it out on InDesign 17 (2022) and it worked just fine. I exported the key from the registry before and after the changes, and now all I have to do is import that key whenever I need to access the Japanese functions. (I don't keep in on permanently because it slowed down InDesign considerably.)

Thank you for the suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines