• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adjust the name of the Jpeg export file (Data Merge CSV)

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I have the following problem. I have about 100 images which I create using the data merge tool. For better understanding. I have an image on this is a text depending on what is in my uploaded csv. My initial situation is that I have a design file with about 100 designs that I now want to export, but when I export them I have to type the filename for each image individually. Problem for the project need 1000+ images 😄 so I do not want to name them manualy. Is it possible to name them via just the csv I used depending on what is in column e for example? I would be very happy about help. (it need to be exported as a JPG)

TOPICS
Feature request , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure one of the script wizards can help with this, but don't overlook the bulk-renaming tools as a post-export step. Some allow very complex rewriting of file names according to almost any template string you can give them.

┋┊ InDesign to Kindle (& EPUB): A Professional Guide, v3.1 ┊ (Amazon) ┊┋

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've DM'd the original poster an answer which the moderators keep removing, and that is that I make a script that does exactly this. It's Data Merge to Single Records Pro from colecandoo.com.

If the answer wasn't in my post, perhaps it might be on my blog at colecandoo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines