• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe apps (InDesign + Illustrator) keep crashing

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need additional help troubleshooting apps that keep crashing, specifically Illustrator and InDesign as those are the ones I need for projects due this week (haven't tried troubleshooting with other Adobe apps). Illustrator opens but then immediately crashes as soon as I try to use the program. InDesign opens and I can open the file I need but then it freezes and the application stops responding. 

I've tried the following:

-updating apps

-updating OS

-clearing caches for both programs 

-resetting preferences

-uninstalling Creative Cloud/apps and reinstalling, then restarting computer

-removing additional Adobe programs from computer to reduce risk of corrupted files

Anything else I'm missing? Need help resolving ASAP so I can meet project deadlines and not sure how much more troubleshooting I'll be able to manage on my own before I'm out of my depth. 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system and what versions of InDesign and Illustrator are you using? Has this problem been happening since an update to either your programs or your operating system? If you are on a Mac is it one with an M1 chip (the newest ones) or the older Intel chip? If this is a problem happening with all of your apps then you may need to contact either Apple or Microsoft.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest 2022 versions of Illustrator and InDesign. Just updated OS yesterday to macOS Monterey (12.0.1) in hopes that might help. It's an older Intel chip (2.7 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5) but this is a new problem that only started late last week. I had considered going in to the Apple store but wasn't sure if this was an Adobe problem and they wouldn't be able to help me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you try to talk with Adobe Support Chat? This is 100+1% problem that can fix only support for you. 

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines