• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Fonts (InDesign) OTF vs TTF issue (Catalina vs Monterey OS?)

Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I work on a community magazine with another Indesign user - we both have the latest version (17.0.1) but when I created a template using the Adobe font Poppins it's installed as a TTF (I have a late 2013 Mac with Catalina OS), but when my college downloads the same font it installs as a OTF (she is on Monterey OS).  So when she hands back a article it's looking for a Poppins (OTF) - I installed the font again from fonts.adobe.com but it's still showing as a TrueType font?

Is this an OS issue or am I doing something wrong?

Thank you

Barry

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Barry Christian Wink Okay, I'm seeing there are 18 fonts in the family “Poppins” which is a Google font, so maybe each of you have different ones activated, or are using the non-Adobe synced versions. I suggest you both (separately) close the file, then first deactive all the fonts from the link below, and then reactivate all 18. Next, open the file to see if the font issue is corrected. Sometimes, I have to toggle this setting to get the fonts to show up correctly once I'm working in InDesign. It's worth a try as an elimination step. Let us know how it goes. Poppins | Adobe Fonts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Barry,

if it turns out that the document used Google Fonts' version of Poppins when it was created, deactivate all styles of Poppins from Adobe Fonts and make the Google Font's styles of Poppins available for InDesign. E.g. if you put the font files with *.ttf suffix to the Fonts folder of the InDesign Application folder.

Avoid a mix of installed *.ttf font files and activated fonts from Adobe Fonts within the same font family.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines