• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Fonts Not Appearing in InDesign Menu After Installation

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2024 Aug 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I install new fonts from Adobe's font website, the fonts do not appear in the drop-down menu on InDesign. I have restarted my computer, forced sync, and ensured that InDesign is up to date. I have also installed all these fonts directly onto my computer through the Creative Cloud, and they still do not show up. 

This has been a problem four times now as I need to install new fonts for typesetting and book cover design regularly. Eventually, they do show up after hours, but that is not conducive to my work as these things need to be finished quickly.

Is this a bug? Or this is an issue that I could somehow fix on my end?

Thank you.

<Title renamed by MOD>

TOPICS
Sync and storage , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @mkokeefe,

I’m sorry to hear about the trouble you’re having with Adobe Fonts not appearing in InDesign. It can be frustrating when your workflow is interrupted by font issues.

To help resolve this, could you please provide the following details:
1. Which version of InDesign are you using?
2. What OS are you running?

Here are a few steps you can try to fix the issue:
1. Ensure the fonts are synced correctly in the Adobe Creative Cloud app. Sometimes a sync issue can prevent fonts from appearing.
2. Clear the font cache on your computer. This can resolve issues with fonts not appearing. Reference: Troubleshoot font issues (https://adobe.ly/3X8zYgH)
3. Close and restart InDesign after syncing the fonts.
4. Verify that the fonts are activated in the Adobe Creative Cloud app. Go to the Fonts section and ensure they are marked as active.

If the problem persists, please let us know if the issue occurs with specific fonts or all fonts, and if you can share a screenshot of the Creative Cloud Fonts tab, it may help us diagnose the issue further.

Looking forward to your response!

Thank you, 
Abhishek Rao

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found that issues with Adobe fonts can often be fixed by the simple process of signing out of your account in the Creative Cloud desktop app and then signing back in again with your Adobe ID. This may sound crude but it is the electronic equivalent to kicking a machine in the side. It makes no sense that it works—but it often does!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have also installed all these fonts directly onto my computer through the Creative Cloud

Hi @mkokeefe , How are you installing? Adobe Type fonts get Activated from https://fonts.adobe.com/fonts, you don’t install them in your system’s font folder. When you Activate a font or family there can be a delay—depends on your connection speed. Click the Add Family and wait a few minutes:

Screen Shot 30.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines