Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe InDesign CC 2015 32bit - licence expired or invalid

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've tried repeatedly (wasted my time on their chat) trying to obtain a solution to this issue with Adobe InDesign. The only "support" forthcoming was, 'Ask someone in this community as we don't have much to offer'. Now, before someone chimes in about "resepect", my money is being taken each month, I can't currently use their software and they have provided me with days of run around, with no solutions.

When I try to open the software I receive this message, "Your Adobe serial number has expired or is invalid. Your serial number has expired or was illegally distributed. Try genuine Adobe apps with a 7-day free trial or call us at 1800-875-573 to see if you qualify for special pricing for victims of fraud."

I obtained the licence from Adobe, so I can only assume it not to be illegal.

The old laptop has run the software happily since it was installed in 2016. Now, the message above appears and no further progress has been made in trying to reach a resolution to what I would assume is an issue no more complex than the provision of a current serial number.

Does anyone here know a solution to this please? My first instinct is to go directly to Consumer Affairs after being given the run around for days now by Adobe, whilst my subscrition is happily absorbed into their poor fund, but I'll try here, as was suggested via chat, and see what comes of it.

I hope Adobe's finest minds are paying attention.

Thanks, and I'm normally more grumpy than this...

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you confirm which version of InDesign you downloaded and your OS?

(You don't need serial numbers with CC.)

How much RAM and spare hard disk capacity you have?

If you have the correct system specs, and the application is not loading, I suggest you uninstall InDesign using the Adobe Cleaner Tool and reinstall the application again:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to install and run later versions of InDesign? (Certainly, CC 2015 cannot be obtained again or reinstalled)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do confirm that one of my customers was use it InDesign v2015 to the end of 2021 year, in some January after renewal of subscription she can't use it ID with Win7. Support can't help you, we here too. 

It is time to upgrade your PC with hardware and OS for having fun with actual Adobe CC. 

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

so you contacted Adobe support and they were not willing to help and the only response was "Ask someone in the community."? Are you on Windows 7 or are you on Windows 10? Or are you on Mac OSX ?

The first thing I would suggest is to check the version of your CC Desktop App. Could be that something's wrong with the installed app itself. For now I would not uninstall anything. Just let us know about your machine, your operating system and the exact versions of CC apps you have installed.

Well, one thing you can do:

Sign out of the CC Desktop App. Restart your machine and sign in again.

With the Adobe ID that is tied to your subscription.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nobody here can help, I'm afraid and it seems that you're using some very old software and hardware. I wish you luck, but that's all anyone in this community can do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines