• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe InDesign Keyboard Shortcut query

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder can anybody help here, but this is driving me crazy?

For years I’ve been assigning a keyboard shortcut to increase leading in Indesign: Opt+Shift+Cmd+’

I got a new Studio Mac and, although I can assign the keyboard shortcut, Opt+Shift+Cmd+’ , in InDesign, it won’t work when I go to use it.

This is on a Mac Studio on OS 12.4 Monterey using Indesign 17.3

However, it still works on my 2018 MacBook Pro (OSX 12.4) using the same InDesign version of 17.3

Even when I try and duplicate the System Preferences shortcuts - I still can’t get it to work on the Studio.

Would anybody have any ideas?

Thanks,

Chris

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

I would say that possibly that shortcut is taken by another command? Although that command is fairly obscure so unlikely. The default keyboard shortcut in InDesign to adjust leading is option/alt + up/down arrow. Try that and see if it works. Did you create a new shortcut set for your custom keyboard shortcut?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would say that possibly that shortcut is taken by another command? Although that command is fairly obscure so unlikely. The default keyboard shortcut in InDesign to adjust leading is option/alt + up/down arrow. Try that and see if it works. Did you create a new shortcut set for your custom keyboard shortcut?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Chad, and thanks for taking the time to respond.

Yeah, I've been using my own shortcut set for years now - and it's muscle memory at this stage to be honest. 
It is a strange one, as I appear to have the exact same set of OS shortcuts activated/deactivated on my 2018 Macbook Pro as I do on my new M1 Studio. I imported the same InDesign shortcut set too - and even tried to set it up from scratch and still no joy. 

Oh well - time to retrain my finger twitch!

Thanks again,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines