• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe InDesign list panels unusable + Mouse click outside InDesign window not working

Explorer ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,
I have a frustrating issue with scrolling InDesign panel lists such as swatches, font list etc.

After I type any set value entering it on a dialogue box (like font size, transparency, color tone, font spacing etc), all InDesign list panels become unusable: list elements (swatches, fonts etc) slip away from mouse selection like they were anchored to cursor.

Mouse click outside InDesign window to desktop or other apps also doesn't work.
Functionality can be restored only by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Canc and then Esc.

I attach a sample video of the issue:
1. two panels working correctly (not important which panels, the issue appears on any panel);
2. typing of a random value on a random box (not important which box, the issue appears after any keyboard entering on any box);
3. the same panels not working anymore (in the video I am only moving the cursor over them, without pressing any mouse button).

I already tried to delete InDesign cache and I also restored default InDesign preferences, but issue recurses. I think there could be a conflict between InDesign and hardware/OS settings, here details:

InDesign version: 18.2.1 (+ ANY earlier CC version. I had identical issues on all previous versions on this pc).

PC model: Dell XPS-15
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650

Mouse model: Dell WM615 (Bluetooth), drivers updated to last version

Thank you

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

I provisionally solved by creating a new Windows local account, re-installing InDesign on it and working on it. All panels work correctly the whole time.

On my Windows main account, anyway, the issue recurs. Hope they fix it with the next upgrades.

(Thanks to all who suggested me to restore InDesign preferences in many ways, like it was the solution to any malfunctioning: you were NOT helpful.)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you work with styles?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, I tried to create enough styles to fill up the Font Styles/Paragraph Styles panels: they work correctly while Swatches and Font list don't work. I didn't notice that before, in general I don't need so many styles.

Glyphs list works too, I can scroll and select them without any issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tested some other panels by filling them: Layers Panel and Page Panel work.

Font weight list doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:
if I try to set a Style, in Style Options window font selection/scrolling works correctly, color selection doesn't work (same issue shown in the video).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I provisionally solved by creating a new Windows local account, re-installing InDesign on it and working on it. All panels work correctly the whole time.

On my Windows main account, anyway, the issue recurs. Hope they fix it with the next upgrades.

(Thanks to all who suggested me to restore InDesign preferences in many ways, like it was the solution to any malfunctioning: you were NOT helpful.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines