Screenshot_1.png

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Hi Junayed,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Please update InDesign to the latest version and let us know if it helps with your concern.

Please click on this help article to know how to update your Adobe apps. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reset your InDesign preferences to see if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did but didn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try double clicking on the word Media. That should expand the Panel and then you can fix the width by dragging on the lower right corner of the Panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did but didn't work 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Junayed,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Please update InDesign to the latest version and let us know if it helps with your concern.

Please click on this help article to know how to update your Adobe apps. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I'm having the same issue. Media panel hardly ever works. My InDesign is up to date with the latest version so this has not worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. InDesign is up to date (v 15.1.1). I'm running Windows 10 Pro. I've tried resetting workspace. My screen looks exactly like Junayed's.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the updated version. but no luck...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Please try resetting your preferences manually. Let us know if it helps. Please follow the instructions below:

For Windows 

• Close all Adobe applications. 
  • Go to Locations : 
  • C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Adobe  
  • C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Adobe. 
  •  Rename InDesign folders to InDesign.old 
  • Launch InDesign from CC. 

For MAC  

• Close all adobe applications 
  • Go to Locations:  
  • ~/Library/Caches 
  • ~/Library/Preferences 
  • Rename Adobe InDesign and com.adobe.indesign to Adobe InDesign.old and com.adobe.indesign.old 
  • Launch InDesign from the CC 

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and InDesign will launch with default settings. This way all your old settings will be saved in .old folders and InDesign will recreate new folders with default settings.

Hope it helps.

Regards.

Ashutosh 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there, 

I've tried everything I've read on this topic but nothing worked. New solutions?

Regards

Francesco

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*UPDATE* I've noticed another thing which may be the cause of this malfunction. The Media Panel doesnt't appear in edit> menu  too! So that must be it. But I don't know how to make Indesign know that all those files for the media panel exist in my pc. It isn't capable of recognising them. I know that those files are in my pc since I've searched for the Media Panel files in the InDesign folder. So how do I make my InDesign read those files?

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would expect to see it there? It's under Window > Interactive > Media.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No ok I know, but you may not understand the problem, since I've noticed it's very rare. No one on the internet actually has the solution (I've looked on forums/reddit/ websites and stuff). The problem is that the media panel shows nothing inside of it. And that's because InDesign does know that the media panel exists, but doesn't know what to show inside of it. It doesn't know where to pick the information that should be shown inside it from. Apparently it's a problem about Environmental Variables. Since on my other pc the media panel works fine, but it does not on the pc I want to use. So now I'm trying to see the differences inside the indesign folders of the two PCs to see what is wrong/ missing etc...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you Places (say) a MP4 move in your InDesign document – you can then populate the Media panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Piastra_0-1679351129301.png

As you can see it appears empty even if I put a video inside of  the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to trash your preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As I have already said, I've tried everything that is said in this discussion. This includes deleting preferences, caches, installing previous versions, uninstalling and installing ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing the same problem. The correct answer is not solving my problem at all. it appears super big in my laptop and when i clicked on it, it disappear like forever. Reset the preference and update the app, nothing seems to work. Pls help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. I've even uninstalled and re-installed InDesign - everything is up-to-date. I've reset my preferences. Nothing is working and I'm completely stuck! (and working late on a Friday night to try and fix!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm having the same issue. But I've noticed another thing which is the cause of this malfunction. The Media Panel doesnt't appear in edit> menu  too! So that must be it. But I don't know how to make Indesign know that all those files for the media panel exist in my pc. But it isn't capable of recognising them. Hwv did you solve the problem in the end?

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines