• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

adobe stock images labeled as transparent background

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to place an image onto an InDesign page.  This is an adobe stock image specifically labelled as "with transparent background'.  Specifically it is a tree. When I place onto the page, a checkered background still appears... How do I get rid of this???  Thank in advance- I am obviously a beginner with the creative suite.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2018 Nov 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you license the image or are you using the FPO version? Can you post a link?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI CAHolstein:

In my experience, licensing the image removes the white background when the file indicates it has transparency.

I'm confused by the checkered background reference though. Are you looking at the image in Photoshop? Photoshop use a checkerboard to indicate transparency.

Photoshop:

Screen Shot 2018-11-24 at 9.28.11 AM.png

InDesign:

Screen Shot 2018-11-24 at 9.32.37 AM.png

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if the FPO image has a checkered background added to the image to indicate to the user that a licensed image is transparent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could be. It would be helpful to get the image number so that we can take a look at the specific artwork. I haven't run across any images with a checkerboard to indicate transparency—they just have a white background—but I've only worked with a tiny fraction of the images.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, thanks for your response. I am a beginner with these programs so perhaps there is an easy solution I am not aware of!

Attached is the image I have purchased and licensed.  When opening in Illustrator it has the checkered background- which I thought meant that would show up as transparent when placing the image.  I am attempting to place onto an InDesign page.  When I do so, it looks exactly the same- checkered background- not transparent...

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot attach anything via email. Please return to the forum.

Why are you opening an image in Illustrator or is it not an image, but a vector drawing? What is the file extension?

Please post a link to the actual file on Adobe Stock.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No worries about being a beginner. We were all there once.

Are you able to open Adobe Stock and grab the image number so that we can take a look?

Screen Shot 2018-11-24 at 5.18.49 PM.png

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines