Copied

example.JPG

TOPICS
How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Acrobat to create your material? Really it isn't for that. Use the same app you would have used to make paper adverts (eg. Word, InDesign, Publisher) and convert to PDF. Editing PDF is a desperate last resort, despite Adobe's marketing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I missing something? Why are you asking about PDF editing here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I think my reply was nonsense. I thought I was in the Acrobat forum. Since it's InDesign - which is PERFECT for this! - my question is - why would you press RETURN at the end of a line? But if you must make a short line, how about a soft return, Shift+RETURN. And if I've got that completely wrong too, I'll just go and hide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Who among us... 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn on hidden characters. My guess is the return itself has leading applied to it, or, the leading for the paragraph is set a bit too high.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I check if the return has leading applied to it? And please see attached pic.example 2.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I see the problem. Why did you hit enter there? Just let the text break by itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And read here carefully - https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/bullets-numbering.html - you do need to create paragraph style and set bullets in it. 

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can avoid having to add a return by adjusting the right indent; that way your second line will have the proper left indent.

Screen Shot 2022-03-04 at 9.17.10 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines