Exit

Agility PIM Connector for InDesign - can't install

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

https://www.agilitymultichannel.com/pim-connector-indesign/

For the starters let me inform you that I've never installed any InDesign plugin. Company that created the plugin provided manual for MacOS but none for Windows, stating that it's essentialy the same thing. By looking at the folder hierarchy it actually looked like they are right, boy was I wrong. What I noticed is CC doesn't allow for manual installation of plugins outside of Marketplace and I got my plugin in zip file which basically contains few folders that should be put in InDesign main directory. The problem is these directories are missing and I don't know what to do at this point. Does anyone know how to install plugins manually for Creative Cloud version?

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quoteCC doesn't allow for manual installation of plugins outside of Marketplace

Assuming your plugin is myplugin.sdk.pln, then you can just create a sub-folder \myplugin\ in the \Plug-Ins\ sub-folder of the InDesign installation folder and place your myplugin.sdk.pln as well as all the (myplugin.sdk Resources) folder hierarchy.

What makes you think that this is not possible ?

Very best regards,

Olivier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically what I got was .zip file that contains folders: Agility, Plug-ins and 2 .dll files. Nothing even remotely similar to .sdk.pln.

As for the installation folder of InDesign, I don't understand where is it installed. Checked both Program Files (x86) and normal and in Adobe folder this is what I got:

defaulte8om5keqsrbh_0-1634744750383.pngdefaulte8om5keqsrbh_1-1634744761050.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its the "Adobe InDesign 2021" of your top image.

The color icon is confusing, but it's a normal folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you 100% sure it works on Windows? The statement "it's essentially the same thing" doesn't inspire me with confidence. 

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on the same both as you but wanted to ask for opinions of others. Do you know how to install plugins ouside of Market on this version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is our plugin's folder inside the ID installation folder.

I cannot tell if it's the same as on a Mac.

But, on Windows, it works fine with ID 2020, 2021, and 2022.

OlivierBeltrami_0-1634745213423.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Olivier,

Could you send me full path of Plug-Ins folder? Just trying to understand where's my InDesign installed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe InDesign 2021\Plug-Ins\

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's something I can't understand, in my C:\Program Files\Adobe directory there is no folder for InDesign, it's nowhere to be found. Did you install InDesign as standalone application or via Creative Cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Via Creative Cloud.

Try searching for the folder "Adobe InDesign 2021".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your installer a 64- bit program ?

A 32-bit installation can run on 64-bit machines but cannot install to 64-bit locations or write to the 64-bit registry portion. The installation information gets automatically redirected to 32-bit file locations (C:\Program Files (x86), C:\Windows\SysWow64) or the 32-bit Registry node under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"That's something I can't understand, in my C:\Program Files\Adobe directory there is no folder for InDesign, it's nowhere to be found. "

Well, your screenshot clearly shows an Adobe directory inside the Program Files directory on drive C:\ that itself contains the Adobe InDesign 2021 directory. If that screenshot is not from your machine a standard installation would be: C:\Program Files\Adobe InDesign 2021

FWIW: When in the Creative Cloud Desktop App you could change the standard behavior where CC apps should be installed on your machine. You could define a different directory on C:\ or a different directory on a different drive if you want. So best check the Creative Cloud Desktop App for that path. Go to your account and see into Preferences:

CC-Desktop-App-Your-CC-Account.png

Your personal CC Account > Preferences > Applications

Here you can see your installation path for CC apps. And this path is editable:

CC-Desktop-App-Your-CC-Account-Preferences-Applications.png

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow !

Learn something everyday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines