Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Align Captions to Image

Enthusiast ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am working on a project where there are lots of images. Some of them have captions saved in the image itself so its easy for me to use live captions. For some images I have to type captions manually.

Now the requirement is that I want to align the captions to the bottom of the image. I made an object style for it but it does not seems to be working. Currently I am doing it manually. Images are of different sizes.

Can any one suggest the flow which I should follow. I have attached a screenshot.

Thank you.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://creativepro.com/automated-indesign-captions/

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much George.

I'll try the steps mentioned in the url.

Regards

Shahid

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

I followed the step provided in the URL. It helped me a lot but there is one issue.

I want the caption inside the image aligned with bottom of the image as shown in the sample I have attached. 

I tried giving a negative offset at caption setup in InDesign but then again another problem is that I do not know whether my caption will fit in one line of multiple line. Can anything be done for that ??

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines