• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All text variables replaced by "ss" text In InDesign 2020 (15.1)- Fixed in 15.1.1

Participant ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a document with about 350 pages. I numbered the pages fine. I finished working and closed InDesign. In CC InDesign made some updates. Now when I insert "current page number", InDesign types in the letters "SS" which are not appropriate for my A Master. What's going on?

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Hi all,

Sorry about the trouble this issue has caused. We've fixed this in the latest release. Please update InDesign to v15.1.1 to get this fixed.

Here's a link with more details: https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/40675342-id-2020-15-1-all-text-variables-including-page

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 100 Replies 100
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to 15.1 and produced a test document and included page numbers via the Master pages without any issue.

Maybe you should reset your InDesign Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Make reset InDesign Preferences but same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show a screenshot of your pages panel? Did you change the page prefix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-06-16 at 11.55.25.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not these panels, the pages panel, please.Capture d’écran 2020-06-16 à 11.03.47.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-06-16 at 12.07.42.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Can you please share a sample document with which you are seeing the issue?

Thanks

amaarora@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rorodanino_0-1592298355867.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem right now.. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Those who are facing the issue, can you confirm if the composer you are using is World ready composer?

To check the same:

• Select the text range that has the text variable
  • Go to paragraph panel
  • In the panel menu check for the composer

Picture1.png

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To know the updates on the issue, you can vote on the Uservoice bug: https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180/suggestions/40675342

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have an issue with the new InDesign version (15.1), the page numbering of all my documents shows SS,

I tried to change that but the same result every time please I need your help with that.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you put in the page numbering on the Master page? Is this in all of your InDesign documents? What were your steps when you tried to change it?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a text block then insert current page number

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,
This is a know bug with the latest version of InDesign for text that uses the Word Ready composer. If you can change the composer to something other than this and it should fix it. See the following discussion for more details
https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/all-text-variables-replaced-by-quot-ss-quot-text-in-indesign...
A bug has been logged for this and you can monitor the latest update at the following link

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180/suggestions/40675342

If you don't have an option to change the composer than its better you rollback the version of your InDesign.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola:

Tengo un problema con las notas al pie y números de página, desde ayer que se actualizó la suite, pues cuando inserto alguna en lugar aparecer el número o letra, aparece lo siguiente:

Captura de pantalla 2020-06-18 a la(s) 13.32.59.png

Una doble "ss", nunca me había pasado y está afectando todos mis documentos, ¿alguien sabe porqué?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muchas gracias 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone

I recently updated to the latest version of InDesign, and i see that my page numbers are not showing. All i see is the string "SS." I had eneterd the page number in the master page by going to: Type > Insert Special Character > Markers > Current page number.

It worked all right in the version before i updated my InDesign.

Can someone please help me resolve this.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks Derek for the link. i rolled back to 15.0.3.

it works now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm trying to put an automatic page number and footnote, but it showes only the automatic letter: ss. page number is on master page, but even on the book it showes the same letters all over. footnote - same letter. 

anyone knowes how to fix it please? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,
This is a know bug with the latest version of InDesign for text that uses the Word Ready composer. If you can change the composer to something other than this and it should fix it. See the following discussion for more details
https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/all-text-variables-replaced-by-quot-ss-quot-text-in-indesign...

A bug has been logged for this and you can monitor the latest update at the following link

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180/suggestions/40675342

If you don't have an option to change the composer than its better you rollback the version of your InDesign.
Update:- The fix for the bug is out in beta builds, so hopefully a fix should be out soon enough, see the link above for more details.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! 

allready finished the book, only this problem left so i cant. will rollback. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines