Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Alternating headers

Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello InDesigners,

A project I'm working on would benefit from an alternating header on the right-hand page of double spreads—giving the chapter title and, two pages later, the chapter number. Is there a way to automate that by setting it up in the master page I'm working from, or should I just create a new master page and apply it to every fourth page in the chapter? The chapters are each several hundred pages long, so I'm keen to see if the process can be sped up.

Thanks a lot!

MP

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would go with the unique Master Page.

I do a lot of training documentation which breaks down into one- and two-page lessons. You can lay them all out with the normal master pages you're using, then drag and drop the exceptions with the unique master page and apply those elements as you need them. Fast, precise and easy.

Hope this helps,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Randy,

Thanks for responding, I appreciate it. That sounds good to me; I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything that could've made the job easier after the fact!

Thanks again,

MP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Randy,

Your answer is not truly clear for me! could you post Screenshots!

(^/)  The Jedi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. Can you post all your scripts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No comment!

(^/)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Game, Set and Match! 😊

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines