• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anyone know how to reset page numbering?

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2023 Dec 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to make my portfolio, and along the way I think I jumbled up my page numbers. I've been just looking for ways to reset them because now 45 pages in,  the page numbering resets to zero, and there is those brackets around the numbers at certain spreads which im not sure what they mean. I really just want the page numbering to skip the first couple of pages, and then start right at a project, and skip the final back cover but I'm not sure how to. Any help would really be appreciated 🙂 Thanks!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2023 Dec 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The brackets surrounding the page numbers mean that Allow Selected Spread(s) to Shuffle is unchecked for that spread. Right click the page numbers in the panel to bring up the menu, but allow the spread to shuffle is going to cause the left/right posiontions of all those pages to shift and they will no longer be in the same spreads as they are currently arranged (01 an 1 will both be right pages, with no left between them).

InDesign adheres to the convention that odd pages are on the right and evens on the left unless you force it to do otherwise by messing with the shuffling. Readers tend not to like that and you should consider resetting the starting number from 1 to 2, To do that right click the page in the Pages Panel and choose Numbering and Section options and change the start number. To fix the problem after Page 45, do the same thing and either uncheck Start New Section or if you need a section boundary for some reason, select the first radio button for Automatic Numbering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines