Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Are selection and direct selection tools symbols changed?

Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm using the new Indesign 17.01 and I found something strange in the selection & direct selection tools regarding their symbols: I expect to use the black arrow for the selection tool and the white one for the direct selection but they are inverted as can be seen from the screenshot.  The white one on the left activates the selection tool while the black one on the right the direct selection. 

Is it normal due to any new update or is something strange?

selection tool.JPG

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021
Thank you Uwe for the explanation and I checked what you say switching to the lightest UI.But, I'm sorry, is something strange since both Illustrator and Photoshop in the newest versions keep the original symbols even in the darker UI. I don't like work with the lightest UI and in this way the new Indesign icons don't keep consistency with the Adobe ecosystem.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The positions of the tools did not change.

Switch to the lightest UI. There is no change in appearance at all.

Just in the two dark UI settings.

We already had some discussions about the change here in the forum.

Top row is InDesign 2021, bottom row is InDesign 2022.

Check the consistency of the little triangle in the Page Tool between 2021 and 2022.

The same happened now with both selection tools:

TopRow2021-BottomRow2022.PNG

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Uwe for the explanation and I checked what you say switching to the lightest UI.

But, I'm sorry, is something strange since both Illustrator and Photoshop in the newest versions keep the original symbols even in the darker UI. 

I don't like work with the lightest UI and in this way the new Indesign icons don't keep consistency with the Adobe ecosystem.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines