• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[AS] get a list of the used swatch colours in a document

Advocate ,
Dec 10, 2008 Dec 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're not going to get anything else approaching the simplicity of those<br />two lines. What do you mean by a "50% result"?<br /><br /><br />-- <br />Shane Stanley <sstanley@myriad-com.com.au><br />AppleScript Pro Florida, April 2009 <a href=http://scriptingmatters.com/aspro>
TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean im getting half the result that I am looking for,in that the code returns all the colours remaining in the swathes pallete and I am uncertain as to how to achieve as mentioned

"I am trying to find out how to get a list of the used swatch colours in a document, not including, "None", "Registration", "Paper", and "Black" (black only if it is not used, if used then add to used list)."

Kev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll have to loop through your list, building a new list that doesn't<br />include those that math the list of ones you want to exclude.<br /><br />-- <br />Shane Stanley <sstanley@myriad-com.com.au><br />AppleScript Pro Florida, April 2009 <a href=http://scriptingmatters.com/aspro>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, ive got he below, which works well (can it be improved upon Shane)?

The problem I have run into now is if I use "Black" in my document it will not show in the list as a used swatch because it is in the _NotUsed list.

------------
tell application "Adobe InDesign CS3"
activate
delete unused swatches of document 1
set _NotUSED to {"None", "Paper", "Black", "Registration"}
set _UpDatedList to get (name of swatches of document 1 whose name is not in _NotUSED)
set _NewList to choose from list _UpDatedList with prompt "Choose"
end tell
--------

Kev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way to tell if Black has been used is to check that it hasn't been<br />used as fill or stroke color for any item or text, something that's not<br />particularly simple to do.<br /><br />-- <br />Shane Stanley <sstanley@myriad-com.com.au><br />AppleScript Pro Florida, April 2009 <a href=http://scriptingmatters.com/aspro>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 11, 2008 Dec 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shane thanks for pointing me in the right direction, I have come up with the below which does what I am after, how would I go about having the result returned as individual colors, not in a list but like

set {a} to color/swatch 1 of the result
set {b} to color/swatch 2 of the result

not quite sure how to go about it

----------------
activate
delete unused swatches of document 1
set _NotUSED to {"None", "Paper", "Black", "Registration", "Keyline"}
set _UpDatedList to get (name of swatches of document 1 whose name is not in _NotUSED)
set _myDoc to active document
tell _myDoc
set _Colour1 to swatch "Black"
set _FillColour to every page item of _myDoc whose fill color is _Colour1
set NumberOfColoredObject to count of _FillColour
set _StrokeColour to every page item of _myDoc whose stroke color is _Colour1
set _Stroke_Fill to _FillColour & _StrokeColour
if (count of _Stroke_Fill) = 0 then
set _NewList to _UpDatedList
else if (count of _Stroke_Fill) > 0 then
set _NewList to _UpDatedList & "Black"
end if
end tell
end tell

----------------

Budgie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On 12/12/08 7:27 AM, "KEVINP1" <member@adobeforums.com> wrote:<br /><br />> ow would I go about having the result returned as individual colors<br /><br />Can you elaborate? I'm not sure what you mean.<br /><br />-- <br />Shane Stanley <sstanley@myriad-com.com.au><br />AppleScript Pro Florida, April 2009 <a href=http://scriptingmatters.com/aspro>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean the actual CMYK values of each color? If so, something like this would work, but it would be mightily redundant if you have ID naming colors by their CMYK values, lol...

tell active document
set colorList to ""
set myColors to name of every color
repeat with thisColor in myColors
set colorList to colorList & thisColor & " -- C: " & item 1 of color value of color thisColor
set colorList to colorList & ", M: " & item 2 of color value of color thisColor
set colorList to colorList & ", Y: " & item 3 of color value of color thisColor
set colorList to colorList & ", K: " & item 4 of color value of color thisColor & return
end repeat

display dialog colorList
end tell
end tell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 14, 2008 Dec 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eric: Thanks for the reply, but no that is not what I meant, probably didn't explain my self that well, sorry.

Shane: In script editor in the result window when I run my script I get this

{"PANTONE 430 C", "PANTONE Warm Red U", "PANTONE Process Cyan CVC", "Black"}

what I want to do is have that result displayed/returned something like this:

Colours used in this document are: PANTONE 430 C & PANTONE Warm Red U & PANTONE Process Cyan CVC & Black

But using the below code:

set _NewList to _UpDatedList & "Black"
set _Result to "Colours used in this document are: " & _NewList

I get this:

"Colours used in this document are: PANTONE 430 CPANTONE Warm Red UPANTONE Process Cyan CVCBlack"

how would I go about getting what I am after, hope this explains things better

Kev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to use AppleScript's text item delimiters (and reset them when you<br />finish). Something like this:<br /><br /><br />set _NewList to _UpDatedList & "Black"<br />set oldDelims to AppleScript's text item delimiters<br />set AppleScript's text item delimiters to {" & "}<br />set _Result to "Colours used in this document are: " & _NewList<br />set AppleScript's text item delimiters to oldDelims<br /><br />-- <br />Shane Stanley <sstanley@myriad-com.com.au><br />AppleScript Pro Florida, April 2009 <a href=http://scriptingmatters.com/aspro>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cheers shane

hmmmm, just found something interesting, my script does of it what I ask apart from when their is black text only in my document (which is a fill, right?), the script does not recognize the fill of the text, yet if the text is say cyan or magenta it will see these colours, but not the black, any thoughts on this?

I am starting to see what you mean by "something that's not particularly simple to do." Sahne :)

Kev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cheers shane

hmmmm, just found something interesting, my script does of it what I ask apart from when their is black text only in my document (which is a fill, right?), the script does not recognize the fill of the text, yet if the text is say cyan or magenta it will see these colours, but not the black, any thoughts on this?

I am starting to see what you mean by "something that's not particularly simple to do." Shane :)

Kev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
You need to search for text that uses the color, as well as page items, drop<br />shadows, tables, graphics...<br /><br />-- <br />Shane Stanley <sstanley@myriad-com.com.au><br />AppleScript Pro Florida, April 2009 <a href=http://scriptingmatters.com/aspro>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines