• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best format for digital document with lots of images

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2024 Jun 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, on InDesign I created a this historical information document which includes many small images, some of which have links to websites (references). It is too large and I don't know what to do about it.
My hope was that this document would be small enough to load quickly on an iPad but at the same time that the images would be high-quality enough that I would be able to zoom in and not get a very pixelated image.
I converted most of the images from png to vector. This took my document from about 12 mb to 45 mb and there are still like 20 images I have not converted. After vectorizing the images, I made them very small, about 1.5 in, and I simplified and flattened their transparency. I don't know what else to do.
When I export the file as a PDF and open it on my iPad, it takes forever to load. I have tried downsizing the PDF, that takes me from 45 to 42. Any suggestions?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quoteI converted most of the images from png to vector.

Can you post an example of an image? How did you vectorize? If in Illustrator, did you use image trace?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have the budget the InDesign plugin, in5 might be the way to go:
https://ajarproductions.com/pages/products/in5/?ref=footer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines