• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Black Crop Marks

Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When exporting out of InDesign is there a way to make crop marks only 100% Black. Mine come out 100% of all colors and if I am running a 4 over Black job it sees page two a full color becasue of the crop marks? Thanks for any advise.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same issue. When I send a job to a press, the cmyk crops are not a problem, but my digital press in-hoiuse bills wayyyyyyy more for a colour page vs greyscale, and 'colour' might be just the crops so i get dinged for each otherwise greyscale page.

You _would_ think there'd be a toggle somewhere in InDesign offering that, but I am not sure Adobe is even listening to users much any more (see Pantone issues for example).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RMDufour,

did you try the solution rudo123 suggested a few replies before?

Open the exported PDF in Acrobat Pro. Go to Print Production > Preflight and run this fix on the PDF:

Convert registration color to CMYK black only

Acrobat Pro-Convert registration color to CMYK black only.png

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Professional )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines