• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blank Business card preset missing

Explorer ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm doing an online course and our teacher has a blank business card preset. I'm on the subscription Adobe package and have all the same presets EXCEPT the business card. Has this been removed from the newer version or have I got a different set-up? I'm in UK and the only answer I've been able to find about missing presets was for non-Englishess intsallation and I don't think that was even In Design anyway. I don't want a pre-fancied up card made by someone else I just want a basic blank one. I know I can just create one anyway I suppose, but why isn't it there?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Hi Shayde,

You can easily add this preset by choosing "Custom" from the Page Size menu, when creating a new document or from the "Edit page size" icon at the bottom of the pages panel, if the document is already created. In either case, you'll be able to create a new preset, name it whatever you want and size it accordingly.

preset.png

Hope this helps!

Jose

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's wrong will be with you/InDesign if you do this preset by your hands?

Create documents from a wide variety of templates and presets  look into "modify preset"

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2019 Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I never said there was anything WRONG with it. That wasn't my question. I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything I should have already. Last year I was brand new to EVERYTHING and wanted to understand more. Nothing wrong in that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shayde,

You can easily add this preset by choosing "Custom" from the Page Size menu, when creating a new document or from the "Edit page size" icon at the bottom of the pages panel, if the document is already created. In either case, you'll be able to create a new preset, name it whatever you want and size it accordingly.

preset.png

Hope this helps!

Jose

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you that's really helpful. I just thought I'd lost something. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may be missing something for real. I wonder if resetting preference would help. Sometimes your preference file gets corrupted and InD starts acting weird.

Do one of the following:

(Windows) Start InDesign, and then press Shift+Ctrl+Alt. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.

(Mac OS) While pressing Shift+Option+Command+Control, start InDesign. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines