• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blue Paragraph Symbols and Commas Appearing on my InDesign Manuscript

Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems a Git Hub user running Lohriialo / indesign - server - python is adding blue Paragraph symbols and Commas to my InDesign document. He did this without asking permission, I would appreciate it if he kept his program off of my intellectual property.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

Type > Hide Hidden Characters...

This is a standard feature of InDesign which allows you to see non-printing characters. It is extremely useful for some types of editing and can be found in most programs that handle text.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Type > Hide Hidden Characters...

This is a standard feature of InDesign which allows you to see non-printing characters. It is extremely useful for some types of editing and can be found in most programs that handle text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your advice! This removed the unwanted blue type.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @David W Detrich,

While the suggestion made by @Peter Spier should have resolved your issue, I am curious as to why are you livid on the owner of the Github repository you mentioned. I mean the Github repo isn't some program that would automatically download on your machine and start executing and thus messing with your intellectual property. You might have downloaded the repo contents and then used your own scripts which might have caused the issue you are facing. So the problem most probably lies in the script that you executed, if it's your own script then check it out and if it is the one supplied in the repo code then be warned that code is posted as a sample and no repo owner takes responsibility of what the results would be, it is you who runs the code at your own risk.

Hope this helps and clears out things.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines