Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Book interior . . no colour ?

Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My book interior has colour logo's, but when reviewed in KDP they are showing B&W?

I must have a setting wrong in the export box, any help?

Thx

Screenshot 2022-09-20 062533.jpg

Screenshot 2022-09-20 063532.jpg

Screenshot 2022-09-20 063301.jpg

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

When you say "KDP," do you mean Kindle Previewer? Are you exporting to EPUB for this?

Be sure you have "Tablet" or ""Phone" selected as the reader emulation. The Kindle Reader emulation is paper-white, monochrome only.

If you're exporting to PDF for color, yes, there is a setting to force color to grayscale or black and white. It's under the "Output" pane; you want the default CMYK profile.

If you're exporting to color and seeing monochrome on the book preview on KDP... you may have select

Votes

Translate

Translate
Deleted User
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022
Not Kindle but yes KDP
I didn't have the correct page selected in the above
Thx for responding

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say "KDP," do you mean Kindle Previewer? Are you exporting to EPUB for this?

Be sure you have "Tablet" or ""Phone" selected as the reader emulation. The Kindle Reader emulation is paper-white, monochrome only.

If you're exporting to PDF for color, yes, there is a setting to force color to grayscale or black and white. It's under the "Output" pane; you want the default CMYK profile.

If you're exporting to color and seeing monochrome on the book preview on KDP... you may have selected a black and white interior and the system is processing your color content to grayscale.

╟ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) ╢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Not Kindle but yes KDP
I didn't have the correct page selected in the above
Thx for responding

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines