Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Book pdf export with page ranges

Guide ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I would like to export a book by page range. The page range option is greyed out in the UI. Could a script add the page range. My page range would not be local to one document. It might start in any document in the book and then take selective pages from other documents.

P.

TOPICS
Import and export , Print , Scripting , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Hi @Pickory , I don’t think it could be easily scripted—the book object doesn’t have a PDFExportPreferences property. There is a printPreferences.pageRange property, but it‘s locked and throws an error if I try to set it to a range.

It might be possible to open each document of the book and export the desired ranges, but you would probably have to combine the PDFs manually in AcrobatPro.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

INDB files can be exported by selected documents only, not by page range.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Pickory , I don’t think it could be easily scripted—the book object doesn’t have a PDFExportPreferences property. There is a printPreferences.pageRange property, but it‘s locked and throws an error if I try to set it to a range.

It might be possible to open each document of the book and export the desired ranges, but you would probably have to combine the PDFs manually in AcrobatPro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Rob, I did suspect that. If I find a way, I will post it here.

P.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines