• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Booklet printing not printing 11x17

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a document that is all set to print in spreads at 11x17 and when I go to print a .ps in booklet it all apears to be good. but when I distill the .ps it is only in 8.5"x11". I don't have an option under my current printer to select a larger size. Is there a way to by pass this or do I have to set up a ghost printer that has the capability to print larger dimensions?

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

It's necessary to either have a PPD that allows you to select a larger page or create a Custom size when your current printer limits you to its own maximum.

The easiest and safest way is install the Acrobat PPD.

Check here for instructions and a link: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/save-as-pdf-options-not.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's necessary to either have a PPD that allows you to select a larger page or create a Custom size when your current printer limits you to its own maximum.

The easiest and safest way is install the Acrobat PPD.

Check here for instructions and a link: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/save-as-pdf-options-not.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked thank you for the information. -Solved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2024 Mar 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With InDesign 2024, create a custom preset (colors, bleed, resolution, etc.)

After printing booklet to an Adobe PS file, open distiller and select your InDesign preset from the drop down "Default Settings"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm assuming, of course, you are printing these yourself on a printer you will have access to, as oppsed to a print shop?

If you are going to a professional printer/copy shop, you will find the proper way is to send individual page PDFs EXPORTED from inDesign.

Others here may say "Print Booklet from Acrobat", but that is not an ideal situation as pages are reduced slightly to fit in the prntable area... not what you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines