• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bookmarks with images in the text

Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my InDesign filke, I have a table of contents with lines of text and images for the product logo (instead of writing the product name).

For example: How to install something on your SONY cellphone.

(Where "SONY" is an image, not written text)

When I export to PDF with bookmarks, the images are replaced with [OBJ] in the Bookmarks since the image is unknown. Is there a way that I can tag the images with text so that it will be used whne book marks are generated?

I know that I can edit the bookmark in Adobe Acrobat but I would prefer to fix the problem in Adobe InDesign if possible.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

No, it is not possible to have images in PDF bookmarks. There is a standard font used, so you cannot even replace a glyph with an own graphic. Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can hyperlink images to different pages.

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/hyperlinks.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but I don't think you are understanding my issue, that won't help with images in titles which are collected and not recoginzed for bookmarks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Would it be possible for you to share your workflow? You may share screenshots or a small video for better understanding. This information would help us assist you accordingly.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ashutosh,

Below is a download link for a sample InDesign file and the exported PDF with bookmarks.

http://www.filedropper.com/table-of-contents-with-image

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it is not possible to have images in PDF bookmarks. There is a standard font used, so you cannot even replace a glyph with an own graphic. Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the confirmation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was not asking to have images in the bookmarks, but to replace the image with text in the bookmarks. So that the word "ChefBoyArdee" shows up instead of [OBJ]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines