• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bounding box larger than placed image in InDesign

Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, In InDesign, when I go File > Place, then click and drag to create a box for the image to be placed into (rather than just clicking on the page to let the image drop in at actual size), the image loads in a lot smaller than the bounding box. This only happens on my Mac, not my PC. I'm running V17.2.1 Adobe InDesign

Any ideas about what might be happening? It's become a little annoying. 

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Without any frame selected, go to the object menu > fitting > frame fitting options and check if you have not a negative inset like thisCapture d’écran 2022-06-03 à 10.47.06.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further to this, when I double click the corner of the bounding box, it snaps to the edges of the actual image, so it knows the size of the image.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any frame selected, go to the object menu > fitting > frame fitting options and check if you have not a negative inset like thisCapture d’écran 2022-06-03 à 10.47.06.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you @jmlevy that was exactly the problem. I have no idea how I set that. 

Legend!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines