Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Calendar paper to calendar smartphone

Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2019 Feb 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Morning.

I am designing a calendar that will be printed on paper.

In order to create some interaction with a mobile calendar, I would like to know if there is any way that the page can be photographed and at the same time create a note in the smartphone calendar. I already search resource like QR code, but I can not.

In the background it would be something similar to Oxford Scribzee.

Thank you for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 10, 2019 Feb 10, 2019

It is possible to scan a QR code and add an entry to a calendar, the syntax needs to be correct. Have a look at this thread: QR codes: calendar entries

If you want to do this without a QR code and have a smartphone be able to glance at a date and event, it wouldn't matter what software authored the calendar as ultimately the smartphone is looking at a printed piece of paper, whether the calendar was made in InDesign, Microsoft Word etc. You would need to find a smartphone app that currently does

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2019 Feb 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is possible to scan a QR code and add an entry to a calendar, the syntax needs to be correct. Have a look at this thread: QR codes: calendar entries

If you want to do this without a QR code and have a smartphone be able to glance at a date and event, it wouldn't matter what software authored the calendar as ultimately the smartphone is looking at a printed piece of paper, whether the calendar was made in InDesign, Microsoft Word etc. You would need to find a smartphone app that currently does this (and at the time of writing, I'm not aware of any) OR you could look into an augmented reality solution. This would involve making AR triggers on the page that get uploaded to the app, and then making sure that anyone using your printed calendar also had the app. Adobe has an AR project in the works Project Aero | Adobe augmented reality (AR) software  but there are other vendors out there you could also try.

If the answer wasn't in my post, perhaps it might be on my blog at colecandoo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines