• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can an Adobe Indesign subscription be gifted?

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was interested in the subscription to Adobe Indesign for €24.19 per month, but I wanted it to be a gift for a friend, how can I do this?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Hi @Marta2686868965bh:

This is where it gets tricky. If you license it and she uses it, I think it's technically illegal because the license belongs to you. 

You can put in her email and create a password for her (that she can change) but she will get the notification and there goes the surprise.

I think I would reach out to Adobe Customer Care (there is a chat button in the bottom right corner), and ask an Adobe Agent if there is any other workaround.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your card/account will be charged every month so whatever you do with the Login/Password - is up to you 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so sorry, I hadn't seen this reply. What happens is that the Spanish translation, being made by the google translator, is not very good. I understand that you mean that with my subscription I can do whatever I want, including paying for it even if someone else uses it. What I don't know is how Adobe works once you start paying, would it be worth installing the program on that person's computer and logging in with my username and password so they could use it? Excuse my insistence, it had not occurred to me that it could be so easy and I want to make sure that it can be done like this. Thank you very much for replying and apologies for not seeing your reply sooner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Marta2686868965bh:

In the US, if you purchase a subscription on Amazon you are sent a redemption code that can be gifted. Since you are quoting in euros, I'm guessing that won't work for you, but it may for others reading this post in the future, so leading with that answer. It is more expensive than purchasing directly from Adobe.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/redemption-code-help.html

I gave my son a subscription for his birthday this year—I asked him to purchase it and then reimbursed him. Alternatively, as per the previous response, you could purchase it using the giftee's email and preferred UserID. Note that it is less expensive to pay for the annual subscription than a monthly subscription if you are planning to continue for the entire year.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barb, thank you very much for your speed and for the information. Given that my initial idea cannot be carried out in Spain, would there be any way that even if I paid the subscription, the program could be installed on my friend's computer? It is that I wanted it to be a surprise and not have to ask for any information so that he would not suspect anything. Couldn't I pay for the subscription and for her to receive an email or WhatsApp with a link so she could install it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Marta2686868965bh:

This is where it gets tricky. If you license it and she uses it, I think it's technically illegal because the license belongs to you. 

You can put in her email and create a password for her (that she can change) but she will get the notification and there goes the surprise.

I think I would reach out to Adobe Customer Care (there is a chat button in the bottom right corner), and ask an Adobe Agent if there is any other workaround.

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines