• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can anyone help me out with not having pagemaker anymore?

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer crashed I have new one but can not locate my pagemaker disk. While I don't use it often I do have a a lot of old files that I still use.

I cant not open any of them. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Probably the only way forward is installing Indesign CS6, which was the last version that could open Ragemaker files, and save the conversions out in indd. However, like any conversion, the process isn't perfect. Hopefully you've got pdf or hardcopies to refer to if you need to make them exact copies.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably the only way forward is installing Indesign CS6, which was the last version that could open Ragemaker files, and save the conversions out in indd. However, like any conversion, the process isn't perfect. Hopefully you've got pdf or hardcopies to refer to if you need to make them exact copies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following up on John's suggestion, I just want to point out that if you have a creative cloud subscription you can download CS6 InDesign at no extra cost. Just go to the pull-down menu (the "V") next to the InDesign listing in the desktop app and choose the option for previous versions. Keep in mind though that CS6 is not supported for Mac OS El Capitan or above or Windows 10 so just use it for conversions. You can have it installed at the same time as other versions of InDesign though so that shouldn't be a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank You for all the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines