• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can multiple pictures( or Frame) be suitable for the type area, Automatic equivalence?

Enthusiast ,
Jul 09, 2024 Jul 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can multiple pictures be suitable for the type area, Automatic equivalence? Like like below.

It is to choose the picture above, and automatically arrange the three columns of the same size and the same distance.

I think this feature should be merged here.
One is a distance distribution picture. The other is the separation distribution frame (but the original script uses the split method).

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/is-there-any-script-that-can-quickly-generate-th... 

689.png

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , How to , Performance , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a hard time understanding, but I think he/she means to "equalize the object size and apply vertical alignment and horizontal distribution by a script".

@dublove : in a text box, there are no columns unless you set them. If the images are supposed to be in flow text, the position is not defined. One solution could be to use an invisbile table. Another to put them floating above the text. However, a script that does the aligment and size change you must find or create yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign has a built in grid feature. Or you can use Content Collector with a predefined Object Style. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@dublove 

Easy to automate - but you can quite quickly do it manually:

1) select frame that defines finall size,

2) create new Object Style,

3) edit this new object style - by "activating" ADJUST HEIGHT & WIDTH:

RobertatIDTasker_3-1720547823146.png

4) set fitting options,

5) apply this ObjectStyle to frames you want to resize,

6) align objects vertically - top,

7) move left and right objects accordingly,

8) select all three objects and use DISTRIBUTE SPACING:

RobertatIDTasker_2-1720547764360.png

RED - unchecked,

Unless you have 100s of those to align...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your method is unscientific and unswerving.
You will take a lot of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@dublove

Yes, manually is only viable for a few instances. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 10, 2024 Jul 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hope these in the future are basic functions of ID

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2024 Jul 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hope these in the future are basic functions of ID

By @dublove

Wouldn't hold my breath - as you can move object close to the guide and it will snap. 

But It's perfectly doable through scripting:

You would have to run the same script twice - if selection is a Guide, script would "remember" it, then when you select an object - script would check if remembered Guide was vertical or horizontal and aligned the object. 

If you run script again - with nothing selected - it would reset / turn off script. 

Same functionality is available in my IDT - but much more convenient - no need to run script twice as IDT can monitor selection and do whatever you want automatically. 

The above relates to a different post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
12 hours ago 12 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If I needed to to this - I'd anchor them in a text frame and add an invisible rectangle between the 3 objects to space them.

Alternatively, you could place the images in a table and space out the images this way.

*edit* I see @Doc Maik also suggested a table workflow.

Good idea 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines