• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can no longer see objects being moved in real time.

Participant ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using InDesign CC, I had this issue once when I very first installed CC and once when using an older version but I can't seem to find the solution again and it's been a very long time. If I use incorrect terminology please bear with me, I am not a professional graphic designer, I am a completely self-taught novice, I know nothing, lol. 

So I used to be able to click and drag any object on the page and see it move with my cursor in real time. This was hugely helpful with placement, I didn't have to guess where exactly it would fall and then fine tune it with the arrow keys, I could see exactly where each edge and corner would land. Now, (probably after reinstalling when we switched to Windows 10 but I can't be sure), when I click and drag an object it does not move with the cursor. It stays in place until I let it go, then disappears and instantly reappears in the new location. Is there a setting that I have inadvertantly changed or lost that will fix this? Please help!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

You can set it there:

Edit > Preferences > Interface > Options > Live Screen Drawing > Immediate (choose from pop-dowm list)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just a clearing question: is it any object or something placed inside container (e.g. imported image)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, any object. It happens with imported images as well as shapes and paths I have created within the document. The object frame moves in real-time with the cursor, but the object itself does not. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try to move the objects a bit slower. When you take an object, wait about 0,5 sec (or even less) before starting moving. This delay activates online-viewing mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked! 

I don't recall having to do that before though, it used to just do it automatically regardless of how long I waited between selecting and moving the object. Is there a more automated solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can set it there:

Edit > Preferences > Interface > Options > Live Screen Drawing > Immediate (choose from pop-dowm list)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines