• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can not open indt files since Adobe 2023 update

Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the Adobe 2023 update I can't open any indt files. They only show up as pdfs in all the folders. When I try to open them I get the following error message. 

"Adobe Acrobat could not open "xxx.indt" because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachement and wasn't correcly decoded).

To create an Adobe pdf document, go to the source application. Then print the document to Adobe PDF. "

I have a full adobe license through my company and I am also on a PC if that helps. No one else on my team is having this issue.

We save the files as indt because we work in a team environment and we don't want someone accidentially overwriting the template file.

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Hi @Veronica22551996i6fw ,

Thanks for reaching out. Please change the default application to open the .INDT file from Acrobat to InDesign and then try opening the file. To change the default application, please try the steps shared here. Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Veronica22551996i6fw ,

Thanks for reaching out. Please change the default application to open the .INDT file from Acrobat to InDesign and then try opening the file. To change the default application, please try the steps shared here. Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked! Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear that! Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions or issues.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines