• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can only change the font on default text in InD template, not content

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2023 Oct 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've seen a couple posts on GDSE regarding this, but none have functional answers. I'm rebuilding my resume and went to change the "YOUR NAME"/"PROFESSION"/"JOB TITLE" text but it wouldn't even let me select it. Neither the layer nor the page is locked/contains any locked items, I tested this by locking other items on the document and then unlocking "all on spread". I'm new to InDesign (brace yourselves: I usually do this in Illustrator), so I don't know what else to check. Thanks in advance for the help.

TOPICS
How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 01, 2023 Oct 01, 2023

You might want to check your parent page to see if the "YOUR NAME" / "PROFESSION" / "JOB TITLE" text is there.

If it's a parent page element, changing it there would put the same information on every page of your document using that parent page. If you want to make a single exception, get your Text tool, move to the text and press the Control+Shift keys (on a Windows system) or the Command+Shift keys (on a Mac) and click on the text to lift the element off the parent page and place your cursor

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2023 Oct 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to check your parent page to see if the "YOUR NAME" / "PROFESSION" / "JOB TITLE" text is there.

If it's a parent page element, changing it there would put the same information on every page of your document using that parent page. If you want to make a single exception, get your Text tool, move to the text and press the Control+Shift keys (on a Windows system) or the Command+Shift keys (on a Mac) and click on the text to lift the element off the parent page and place your cursor into the element to change the text on a given document page.

Either one of these options will hopefully get you past your issue and and assembling your killer résumé.

Good luck,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh neat, I don't know how I didn't think of that. Thanks, Randy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm glad I could help.

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines