• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't copy specific hex codes

Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2024 Feb 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not make any sense, but I can't copy a specific hex code from a pdf to indesign. Alternatively, I can copy and paste the hex code into photoshop and it works perfectly fine. If I copy the hex code from photoshop it works. If I type it in manually, it works. For whatever reason, copying it from the pdf and pasting it into indesign does not work. I tried this with two different hex codes from the same pdf document and those worked. So it is this one specific color.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @austind69658590, can you show us how you are accessing the hex code in your PDF with some screenshots? Is it applied to text or sampled from an image, or something else? Are you using macOS 14 (Sonoma) or Windows 10/11 OS? Also, please confirm if you are viewing the Acrobat Pro DC Continuous Release and pasting into InDesign: v19.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @austind69658590 , there are 3 places you can use HEX codes in InDesign—for all 3 you have to set the Color mode to either RGB or HSB (HSB is treated as an RGB color for color conversions and Export). InDesign lets you mix Color Modes on the same page.

Swatch Options:

Screen Shot 14.png

The Color Panel:

Screen Shot 13.png

And the Color Picker (the Color Picker’s Add Swatch button is context sensitive to the color value fields):

Screen Shot 12.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, rereading your post it sounds like this is a clipboard problem? Is this Acrobat Reader or Pro? I can’t replicate using Reader:

Screen Shot 15.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines