• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't delete document from Publish Online

Contributor ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just uploaded my first document to Publish Online, but I want to delete it. The "trash can" icon doesn't work. The only options I have are to share or embed the document. Help!

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

For what it's worth, I started out with Firefox (see my screenshot above). I also tried Chrome and Seamonkey. None of those browsers allow me to delete documents from Publish Online.

I don't think I mentioned it before, but I'm on a Windows 10 PC.

I just tried again with Firefox, with the same result. But when I switched to Microsoft (?) Edge, I was finally able to delete the documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same exact problem that rontiara is/was experiencing. I've tried all of the above suggestions to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File is now deleted. I was originally trying to delete on Chrome which didn't work, so I switched to "another browser" which was Safari and that didn't work either. However, I just decided to try one more, Firefox, and it did the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. I wonder if rontiara tried Firefox.

I was thinking that we haven't clearly tested different networks. If you get another doc you can't delete in Safari, I would suggest turning wifi off on your phone, so you are on the cellular network. Log into your dashboard from your phone's browser at Publish Online Dashboard  [indd . adobe . com / dashboard] (sorry, forum is converting link on my end) and see if you can delete from your phone/cellular network.

That would simply be in the interest of science. 🙂

At least you found the solution for now. Thanks for sharing your outcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. I think for questions like this it's essential to try other web browsers. Browsers have bugs too!

In a couple different forums I frequent, as well as in the class I teach at Berkeley Extension, I've seen more reports of problems with Chrome not working in certain situations. There must have been some deep update that has broken a lot of things. I never use Chrome so I don't experience it myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth, I started out with Firefox (see my screenshot above). I also tried Chrome and Seamonkey. None of those browsers allow me to delete documents from Publish Online.

I don't think I mentioned it before, but I'm on a Windows 10 PC.

I just tried again with Firefox, with the same result. But when I switched to Microsoft (?) Edge, I was finally able to delete the documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 07, 2018 Sep 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disable uBlock or any other ad blocking plugin or popup blocker

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the identical issue as the one here- with the same truobleshooting results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have exactly the same problem, both on my Mac (updated software up to 1 december 2020) and on my Windows10 computer (also latest versions)

Is there any solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2018 Mar 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just having the same problem on a Mac. Didn't work in Chrome, but then it did in Safari.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 07, 2018 Sep 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem! Trash icon does NOTHING but other 2 work. ID CC 2018
Then I tried:

Disabling the uBlock or any other ad blocking plugin

Vuala!!! the popup blocker was preventing the "are you sure" dialogue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines