• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't find my saved workspaces?

Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently had to wipe and restore my PC.  I reinstalled my favorite adobe apps using creative cloud. When I opened InDeign, my saved workspaces were gone. I checked -- I am signed in. Is there any way I can get my custom workspace back? I feel like this is the kind of thing creative cloud should be saving for us. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

custom workspaces are saved in your program settings (locally) unless you explicitly add them to your sync'd folder.  if you're restored pc didn't restore your workspaces and you didn't sync your settings, they are gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

custom workspaces are saved in your program settings (locally) unless you explicitly add them to your sync'd folder.  if you're restored pc didn't restore your workspaces and you didn't sync your settings, they are gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the help. that is so lame though. I feel like that's something that could have automatically happened with creative cloud. I'll save my prefrences next time. thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quote:

I recently had to wipe and restore my PC

End Quote:

Your workspaces were saved to a folder called Workspaces.

If you had made backups of your system you could now retrieve them.

This is not something that is saves to a CC cloud system be default.

This is something that YOU should be doing for yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, I totally get it. I still think it's dumb, considering Adobe forced us to go to this cloud based software. it checks in often and is constantly spamming Creative Cloud as a backup. why on earth can't it at least save our preferences to CC by defaut?  just like Apple or Google does when you wipe and restore your phone. just seems like common sense. 

but now that I know it, I will be sure to back up Workspaces before wiping my PC. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of the current Adobe software is Cloud Based.

All of it is Downloaded to your computer and installed on your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the Workspaces folder? I don't see one named that on my system, or in my back-up from before my reboot. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<delete>

I'm not sure of InDesign Windows Workspace locations. Someone here should know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bear in mind that the ~/Library folder is hidden in Finder. Use Go > Go To Folder and type ~/Library - exactly like that, starting tilde, forward slash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Took some digging, but i recovered it. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TheMikeThomas,

also look on this help page:

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/setting-preferences.html

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. I did find the WorkSpace, though it took going through a stack of Preference folders on Time Machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines