• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't get InDesign to open after having upgraded to OS Sonoma

Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got an IMac Retina 5k 27" 2019 model. After experiencing some issues with InDesign, thought I'd done my homework by ensuring that all my software was up-to-date – I updated the OS to Sonoma and that's made things much worse. On the occasions when I can open InDesign, even the simplest tasks are taking hours and near-impossible – it's just so unstable. So, really unsure what to do? Any advice would be much appreciated.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 13, 2024 Jun 13, 2024

Try resetting your preferences:

Windows: Start InDesign, and then press Shift+Ctrl+Alt. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.
macOS: While pressing Shift+Option+Command+Control, start InDesign. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.
A dialog will appear asking to delete the InDesign Preferences, select 'Yes' on this dialog.
Further info and instructions here if needed:
https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/indesign-preferences-support-file-locations.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2024 Jun 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks this is helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2024 Jun 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of InDesign? What full version of Sonoma? How much RAM?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running latest OS and InDesign. Initially, hadnt considered the RAM. I've increased to 32. InDesign is fully functioning, but i now have the yellow screen of death. Ive reset the PRAM, but same. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2024 Jun 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm running latest OS and InDesign. Initially, hadnt considered the RAM. I've increased to 32. InDesign is fully functioning, but i now have the yellow screen of death.

By @caroline6505

In addition to other suggestions, try to create a new user account in System Settings > Users & Groups and work from there. Will it make a difference?

Also, what is "the yellow screen of death"? I don't think I've ever encountered one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2024 Jun 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current version of Sonoma is 14.5. Make sure you're updated.

Also, after doing a major InDesign update, you often need to restore your InDesign preferences and caches. Here's how:

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-indesign-rebuilding-preferences-cache/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks really helpful. Went through it but now have yellow screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your preferences:

Windows: Start InDesign, and then press Shift+Ctrl+Alt. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.
macOS: While pressing Shift+Option+Command+Control, start InDesign. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.
A dialog will appear asking to delete the InDesign Preferences, select 'Yes' on this dialog.
Further info and instructions here if needed:
https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/indesign-preferences-support-file-locations.html

-----------

Reinstalling rarely fixes everything - you can do a complete reinstall using the
Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines