• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you add Macedonian Language in InDesign?

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe,

I am using Adobe Indesign for more than 10 years. In Languages there is still no Macedonian Language. 
This is really offensive, and instead of Macedonian language we have to put Bulgarian because its similar to Macedonian. Can you please fix this problem?

Best regards, 
Andrijana Ivanovska

<Title renamed by moderator>
TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Hi @Andrijana22096919vh2h:

We will eventually be able to accept feature requests here (hence the Feature Request tag), but not yet. Please post this where the Adobe engineering team will see it: https://indesign.uservoice.com/. Thank you.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

If you do as Barb suggested (do it! do it!) and go make a new feature request, then I will happily add my vote, as every change to InDesign that improves multilingal publishing in any way is Relevant to My Interests. You can also add your voice to this feature request that is already asking for Macedonian support.

In that post, you can find a link to another feature request for one-click installs of Hunspell dictionaries. Even if we can't get proper Macedonian support in ID (and we damn well o

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Andrijana22096919vh2h:

We will eventually be able to accept feature requests here (hence the Feature Request tag), but not yet. Please post this where the Adobe engineering team will see it: https://indesign.uservoice.com/. Thank you.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you do as Barb suggested (do it! do it!) and go make a new feature request, then I will happily add my vote, as every change to InDesign that improves multilingal publishing in any way is Relevant to My Interests. You can also add your voice to this feature request that is already asking for Macedonian support.

In that post, you can find a link to another feature request for one-click installs of Hunspell dictionaries. Even if we can't get proper Macedonian support in ID (and we damn well ought to be) then we should be able at least to get good dictionaries and hyphenation. InDesign does allow you to install Hunspell dictionaries for a wide variety of languages, including Macedonian. That feature request itself links to a Sandee Cohen post on IndesignSecrets about how you, too, can install Hunspell dictionaries for Macedonian.

(Spoiler alert: it's non-trivial, hence the feature request.) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines