• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cancel and close buttons on the left and right?

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LanceNichols_0-1636071841181.png

Anyone else press cancel thinking you're pressing OK when creating alternate layout?

Everywhere else cancel or close is on the right and it gets me nearly every time!

LanceNichols_1-1636071891570.png

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm. I'd say the opposite. What version of InDesign are you using and which operating system?

Cancel is normally on the left, and the OK is on the right in all of the dialog boxes I checked.  Here is a small sampling.

~Barb 

8.png 9.png

1.png 4.png5.png image.png

7.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Barb, I think he was referring to Create and Close, where Create is the equivalent of OK, because both trigger an action.

In my logic, they're switched.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, you know what. I think it's because I use a windows pc at work and it appears to be inconsistent. On my Mac at home I don't have this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, that would mean the ID versions for Windows and MacOS are different. Nasty....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think that's the issue, @LanceNichols

I pulled Mac screen shots and they are all consistent, including the Create and Close, which swapped positions in your screen shot. I would go ahead and report it here: https://indesign.uservoice.com, and reference this thread.

The inconsistency is definitely confusing.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines