• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot edit text in InDesign

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have IDNN Indesign file. I try to edit the text but I am not able to edit it. 

I ungrouped and check it no luck.. Attach is the image. please can you suggest solution to edit

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , InCopy workflow , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

No, you cannot edit outlined text. Go back to the sender and tell them to send you file with live type.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks as if the font has been outlined – where did you get the document from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got this from a creative agency. Few edits to be done.

I can able to edit in IDML file format but I am unable to edit in IDNN file format.

Will it possible to edit text outline ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you cannot edit outlined text. Go back to the sender and tell them to send you file with live type.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created or entered the text myself, I have dozens of similar files that have remained editable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@PRichardB wrote:

I created or entered the text myself, I have dozens of similar files that have remained editable

Do you have any idea how the text got converted to outlines? The screen shot you gave us has anchor points on the text objects, so it is no longer live text and is no longer editable.

If you have an earlier copy from your backups with editable text, you can use that.

janee_0-1646609001097.jpeg

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines