• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot save or undo after latest InDesign update

Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over the past couple weeks, InDesign files have randomly been unable to save or undo while working on a file. The key commands to not work, and the commands are grayed out in the menu.

If I try to quit and click "save" in the window that pops up ("save changes to the document before closing?"), I just get a message that the file was unable to save.

I have tried force quitting, reopening files, and quickly saving them as new files to see if it was a specific file corruption, but the issue is still there.

I'm unable to save my work, and currently unable to complete projects, so this is unnacceptable.

I'm using InDesign 16.1 on a Macbook Pro with Big Sur 11.2.3. (Everything is up to date.) No weird plugins or tablets.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you could try to delete InDesign preferences

Using a keyboard shortcut:
  1. (Windows) Start InDesign, and then immediately press Shift+Ctrl+Alt. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.
  2. (Mac OS) Start InDesign, and then immediately press Shift+Option+Command+Control. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! This seems to be working for the time being. Will report back if it keeps happening!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines