Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot sign in to install InDesign

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I recently bought a license for Indesign C5. I have a working Adobe ID.

The verification key has been recognised but I can't get past the 'Enter your Adobe ID' step. I get an error message:

'An error has occurred. Please try again after sometime.'

I created an alternative Adobe ID and have tried logging in with it but I get the same error message.

What should I do? Many thanks

TOPICS
Activation billing and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

This forum is a user forum, it is not the Adobe help center or the Adobe Customer Service so even if you write here the code Gamivo provided we cannot do anything.

How should I proceed? Perhaps you can write here, in official capacity, that the key is meaningless and I should be getting a refund?

As I wrote, we are not Adobe employees although some Adobe employees answer sometimes on this forum. So contact the Adobe Customer service but I am really afraid that you have been ripped off since th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no C5, but perhaps you mean CC. Where do you enter your ID, creative cloud client?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I recently bought a license for Indesign C5.

How did you buy it ? On what site?

(BTW, you don't “buy” a licence, you get the rights to use it)

And, as @Doc Maik wrote, C5 version does not exist. So, either it is CC, either it is the (very old) CS5 version. And if it is actually the CS5 version, I am afraid that you have been swindled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, both, for your replies.

I bought the key on Gamivo, which I was reassured by Trustpilot and other users was 'legit'. 

Apologies for the typo - I meant CS5, which I realise is very old.

It is on the installer that I have to enter the Adobo ID and the sign-in is failing. 

I have contacted Gamivo and their response was:

"Have you tried reaching Adobe's Support center to inquire about the issue?

Please, contact them and provide us with the screenshot showing your conversation with their representative or their Support’s response in the ticket, making sure that the code in question is visible as mentioned.

You can reach them via the following link: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html
Support tab (top right corner of the page) -> click Contact Us or Help Center

Please ask them to verify the code."

I'm not sure how I'm meant to reproduce the code on a public forum (given this seems to be the only way to get support on this issue)...! Also, the code itself appears to be valid in the installer. It's just the subesquent step, the sign-in that's failing.

How should I proceed? Perhaps you can write here, in official capacity, that the key is meaningless and I should be getting a refund?

Thanks so much for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum is a user forum, it is not the Adobe help center or the Adobe Customer Service so even if you write here the code Gamivo provided we cannot do anything.

As I wrote, we are not Adobe employees although some Adobe employees answer sometimes on this forum. So contact the Adobe Customer service but I am really afraid that you have been ripped off since this version is not available any more from Adobe since a long time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply and your clear answer.

I can't see how to get hold of someone directly (or indirectly) from Adobe on this matter. If you have any pointers, please let me know! There are no customer service options available except this community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should find a way to contact support here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/what-contact-options.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines