• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC Library items showing as local, not cloud based

Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use linked graphics from my CC libraries, they show up as having a local file path, and not actually being in the cloud. So when my team members go to use this assets, all they get is agray box with a missing link. Did something change recently? It was my understanding that in the past, items in CC libraries were actually stored in the cloud. That seems to me to be the entire point of using CC libraries.

TOPICS
Bug , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2021 Oct 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that’s right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve, I’m not a heavy Library user, but it seems pretty clear that there is a locally stored copy of PSD and AI cloud library assets—if I dissconnect from the internet the cloud links are not broken and I can export a full resolution print PDF.

Looks to me like on OSX a copy of cloud library assets are stored in the user ▸ ⁨Library⁩ ▸ ⁨Application Support⁩ ▸ ⁨Adobe⁩ ▸ ⁨Creative Cloud Libraries⁩ ▸ ⁨LIBS⁩ folder

Screen Shot 34.png

As I mentioned above, if I Edit Original a hidden temporary copy is made and opened for the edits, and then the local copy is updated and it syncs to the cloud.

If you want to use a Library to hold all of the assets of large projects, the computer(s) startup volumes would have to be large enough to handle the files—in the above capture the components folder holding my 6 large test PSDs is 1.45GB.

An alternative is to create and share sync’d job folders inside of the Creative Cloud Files folder (which can be moved to an external drive) and use Bridge for adding assets to the ID doc—the CC equivalent of Dropbox. In that case the file paths are explicitly local with copies stored in the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't have time for much testing but that seems to be true on my system too:

Screen Shot 2021-10-18 at 7.16.14 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It must be a backup so if you have inconsistent Internet connections on your device (e.g., a power outage), you wouldn't suddenly have your cloud assets become suddenly unlinked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the actual link used for export or output is the local version. Even with a live internet connection an export to PDF/X-4 only takes 8 secs on my 2019 iMac. The link in my example is 375MB, and my internet bandwidth is not capbable of getting a file that large in 8 secs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That makes sense also. In addition to providing a "backup" of the cloud file, using the local version as the "working version" also speeds the process up. And some people probably have a lot slower connections than you have as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you also mentioned a third reason above: If you want to choose Edit Original on the Photoshop cloud document,  working from the local copy will also make the process faster as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If I delete the local copies there’s no preview and Status is still listed as OK, but an Export to Print PDF fails.

Screen Shot 37.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines