• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CEPHtmlEngine slows Computer (Mac) and solution.

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2015 Sep 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe and CC users,

I saw there are already other posts about the "famous" CEPHtmlEngine, I got a new (2 months old) iMac 27 Retina (with the highest config.) and I noticed that when i launch (for the 1st time) any of the Adobe CC programs (it can be InDesign or Photoshop or another) they very very slow. It seems that something is making the CPU working a lot. After a little time spent in the Mac Task Manager i found that CEPHtmlEngine copy itself two to three times and each copy "calls" the CPU at least 20/50 times. I found a momentary solution by manually closing all CEPHtmlEngine. By doing this all programs work fast and well as usual and there are no errors or problems. You have to close the CEPHtmlEngine and not the CEPHtmlEngine Helper: the helper is just the "son" and if you close it the engine will create another one. Last thing: the CEPHtmlEngine will not appear again until you restart the computer.

This worked on my computer so I just wrote this to give Adobe (one more) notification of the problem and to give all Mac Users a solution (it could work on Windows too but I cannot try it) that can be helpful until an upgrade will fix this.

P.S.: I got the CC software and all apps upgraded to latest version.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Hi days_of_speed,

Could you please try out the private build of Design Library (Shared Files - Acrobat.com), which has a potential fix for the CPU usage issue?

1. Move the old Design Library extension to somewhere else (move to your Desktop for example):

• Photoshop: /Applications/Adobe Photoshop CC 2015/Adobe Photoshop CC 2015.app/Contents/Required/CEP/extensions/com.adobe.DesignLibraryPanel.html/
  • Illustrator: /Applications/Adobe Illustrator CC 2015/CEP/extensions/com.adobe.DesignLibraries.angular/
  • In

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 120 Replies 120
Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2016 Feb 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you huid31332308 for asking!

The CPU load rises immediately after launching InDesign and stays between 80–100+ until I shut down the task or the application.

Here is the log (replaced my username with *USERNAME*):

501 57667 57663  0  2:07am ??        3:55.57 /Applications/Adobe InDesign CC 2015/Adobe InDesign CC 2015.app/Contents/MacOS/CEP/CEPHtmlEngine/CEPHtmlEngine.app/Contents/Frameworks/CEPHtmlEngine Helper.app/Contents/MacOS/CEPHtmlEngine Helper --type=renderer --enable-deferred-image-decoding --lang=en-US --lang=de --log-file=/Users/*USERNAME*/Library/Logs/CSXS/CEPHtmlEngine6-IDSN-11.2-com.adobe.DesignLibraries.angular.log --log-severity=error --params_ppid=IDSN --params_ppversion=11.2 --params_extensionid=com.adobe.DesignLibraries.angular --params_loglevel=1 --params_serverid=e24048cd-52f7-4ee9-be2a-77f7748dca4c --params_clientid=4046a574-d3df-4949-b020-d8e27dd2d408 --params_commandline=WyItLWhpZ2gtZHBpLXN1cHBvcnQ9MSIsIi0tZW5hYmxlLW5vZGVqcyJd --enable-pinch-virtual-viewport --enable-delegated-renderer --num-raster-threads=1 --disable-accelerated-video-decode --channel=57663.1.1622148403

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks huid31332308

ps -ef|grep CEPHtmlEngine\ Helper|grep 1208

501  1208  1204   0  2:34pm ??         3:18.50 /Applications/Adobe InDesign CC 2015/Adobe InDesign CC 2015.app/Contents/MacOS/CEP/CEPHtmlEngine/CEPHtmlEngine.app/Contents/Frameworks/CEPHtmlEngine Helper.app/Contents/MacOS/CEPHtmlEngine Helper --type=renderer --enable-deferred-image-decoding --lang=en-US --lang=de --log-file=/Users/jens/Library/Logs/CSXS/CEPHtmlEngine6-IDSN-11.2-com.adobe.DesignLibraries.angular.log --log-severity=error --params_ppid=IDSN --params_ppversion=11.2 --params_extensionid=com.adobe.DesignLibraries.angular --params_loglevel=1 --params_serverid=769deb37-3734-4a39-914d-bdd0ba0a5f0f --params_clientid=50d322ee-ada2-4360-b2ac-0ea1118c9c77 --params_commandline=WyItLWhpZ2gtZHBpLXN1cHBvcnQ9MSIsIi0tZW5hYmxlLW5vZGVqcyJd --enable-pinch-virtual-viewport --enable-delegated-renderer --num-raster-threads=1 --disable-accelerated-video-decode --channel=1204.1.654038714

I hope this is what u mean.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also being driven insane with this CEPHtmlEngine issue. Opens and over runs the CPU on all CC apps including ID.

I believe this is the new libraries offering - which in itself is also a nightmare. Constantly attempting to save my artwork into a shared library. Unwieldy idea poorly executed.

Fans at full blast and CPU being cooked. Only solution is opening Activity Monitor and killing CEPHtmlEngine.

Please fix Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi days_of_speed,

Could you please try out the private build of Design Library (Shared Files - Acrobat.com), which has a potential fix for the CPU usage issue?

1. Move the old Design Library extension to somewhere else (move to your Desktop for example):

• Photoshop: /Applications/Adobe Photoshop CC 2015/Adobe Photoshop CC 2015.app/Contents/Required/CEP/extensions/com.adobe.DesignLibraryPanel.html/
  • Illustrator: /Applications/Adobe Illustrator CC 2015/CEP/extensions/com.adobe.DesignLibraries.angular/
  • InDesign: /Applications/Adobe InDesign CC 2015/Resources/CEP/extensions/com.adobe.DesignLibraries.angular/

2. Download DL.zip from Shared Files - Acrobat.com, then extract it to

• Photoshop: /Applications/Adobe Photoshop CC 2015/Adobe Photoshop CC 2015.app/Contents/Required/CEP/extensions/
  • Illustrator: /Applications/Adobe Illustrator CC 2015/CEP/extensions/
  • InDesign: /Applications/Adobe InDesign CC 2015/Resources/CEP/extensions/

The final directory structure should look like:

.../extensions/

|-DL/

|-CSXS/manifest.xml

|-index.html

Thanks very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2016 Feb 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works!

Thx @huid31332308

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2016 Feb 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, same problem and it works!

But CC Libraries disappeared from every app: Illustrator, inDesign, Photoshop... even in "window" menu, there is no more option to view them.

How to make them available in every app again without having MBP fans spinning crazily?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked! !

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 21, 2016 Feb 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have changed only Photoshop and that seems to have fixed this across both Photoshop and ID and AI (e.g. I didn't amend anything in their Design Library folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spoke too soon. Fans have kicked in with Photoshop closed.

Will make changes in all folders!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed and all CC Libraries working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2016 Feb 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you get your Libraries working? It has completely removed it from PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 23, 2016 Feb 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked you moved the correct files out and the directory structure is as below? (Mine is and works fine - fans off and Libraries working as intended).

• InDesign: /Applications/Adobe InDesign CC 2015/Resources/CEP/extensions/com.adobe.DesignLibraries.angular/

2. Download DL.zip from Shared Files at Acrobat.com, then extract it to

• Photoshop: /Applications/Adobe Photoshop CC 2015/Adobe Photoshop CC 2015.app/Contents/Required/CEP/extensions/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2016 Feb 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I removed the proper folder and took the elements out of the DL folder and put them in the root of the extensions. This kills the CEPhtmlengine but also the CC Libraries. I'm not sure how you got it took work. I've only done this on AI and PS. I have not upgraded my other apps and with this post going on 6mos old, it doesn't look like Adobe gives a flip. Especially since they have release updates since then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2016 Feb 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure you have to take out the elements out of the DL Folder actually - Just copied the DL folder and pasted it and works fine instead of the com.adobe.designlibraries ... folders - CC libraries works fineextensions.png too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2016 Mar 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the problem with:

• Premiere
  • After Effects
  • Illustrator
  • Photoshop

The DesignLibrary files are differently named in Premiere and in After Effects there are none at all. Since this is a known issue, is there going to be an update to resolve this soon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2016 Mar 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The directory to remove for Premiere Pro is: /Applications/Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015/Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015.app/Contents/CEP/extensions/com.adobe/DesignLibraries/angular

and the new build (DL supplied earlier in the thread) should be extracted here: /Applications/Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015/Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015.app/Contents/CEP/extensions

This fixed the problem for Premiere Pro

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2016 Mar 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe invited me to joint the Premiere Preview, no change. My iMac still sounds like a jet engine just opening the app and doing nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2016 Mar 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! It works for Windows too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2016 Mar 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2016 Apr 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the purpose of this process... to prevent CEPHtmlEngine from launching multiple copies or preventing it from loading at all?

In either case I (carefully) followed the process outlined and IU still have three copies of CEPHtmlEngine running when I have Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator running simultaneously.

I must add, however, that my fans have not yet gone berserk and they usually have by now (I've had all three apps running for 10 minutes or so - usually long enough to whip up a tornado). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2016 Feb 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly!! Finally updated to OSX 10.10 so I could update to Adobe CC 2015. Well guess what?!? Fans blasting all day, CPU Cooking at almost 200 deg F and memory pretty much gone. I didn't know if this was a OSX issue or what. I couldn't figure out until it happened as soon as I opened AI back up. I had Photoshop and Illustrator running earlier today (without any actual files open) and could not figure out why the heck my CPU was being maxed. I killed ALL (three instances) of CEPHTMLENGINE (I only had AI running) and sure enough my fans started to slow down and my CPU has settled down. My memory is still being used up. I only have 2GB available out of 16GB. I only have iTunes, Google Chrome, Mail and Illustrator open. Where the heck did all my memory go?!?

I've only updated Photoshop and Illustrator. I'm afraid to update Premiere, AE, Audition, Bridge, etc because if two programs wipe my computer out then updating the others will probably kill it.

Why is this happening? Adobe, what have you done?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JensSeidelotterstyleNE-Design‌ @days_of_speed:

Thanks for providing very useful information!

2. Download DL.zip from Shared Files - Acrobat.com, then extract it to

The final directory structure should look like:

.../extensions/

|-DL/

|-CSXS/manifest.xml

|-index.html

Thanks very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

huid31332308

Seems to work for me as well! Thank you! The CEPHtmlEngine Helper (there are still multiple; the one with the highest percentage) now needs about 6-7% with some higher peaks as of now. Hope what ever you did will end in the next update.

francob2k

I still can access the CC Libraries in PS, AI and InDesign after the hotfix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me not! Cannot find CC Libraries on window menu, nor on the left panels after this trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi francob2k,

Could you please show me all the files under /Applications/Adobe Photoshop CC 2015/Adobe Photoshop CC 2015.app/Contents/Required/CEP/extensions/DL/?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines