Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change binding direction

Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating a document in Hebrew and need to change the binding direction but can't find this option.

All other ME features are functioning perfectly.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Hi ayalak,

Here are some tutorials how you can change direction right to left.

https://indesignsecrets.com/topic/creating-a-right-to-left-book

Arabic and Hebrew features in InDesign

But for this InDesign has to be installed with Hebrew features. Changing the language in the creative cloud will not work for this, first, uninstall the current version and then change the language in the creative cloud and then reinstall InDesign again.

In the app, click three Dot on the top right-hand side.

From the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please add a screenshot that shows your New document dialog.

You should be seeing binding option right there

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

indesign.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

According to me you do not have the Arabic version of InDesign.

Go to the Creative Cloud menu or from your InDesign application folder, choose to uninstall InDesign, then download a fresh one after making sure you have chosen "English يدعم العربية" from the Creative Cloud menu.

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aman,

I'm working in Hebrew so i don't want to select the Arabic version. At the moment it is English with hebrew, because I need the interface to operate in english but still accommodate Middle eastern features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ayalak,

Here are some tutorials how you can change direction right to left.

https://indesignsecrets.com/topic/creating-a-right-to-left-book

Arabic and Hebrew features in InDesign

But for this InDesign has to be installed with Hebrew features. Changing the language in the creative cloud will not work for this, first, uninstall the current version and then change the language in the creative cloud and then reinstall InDesign again.

In the app, click three Dot on the top right-hand side.

From the pop-up menu, choose Preferences. In the Preferences dialog box, click Creative Cloud, and then click the App Language pop-up menu.

From the App Language list, choose your language ( "English Hebrew") 

hebrew install.png

Close the Preferences dialog box.

In the Creative Cloud desktop app, click Apps.

From the list of available software,  Illustrator CC 2017 by clicking the Install button.

Once installed you may type in the required language and change the direction.

Regards

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2023 Jun 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1684918849396.jpg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe - how about bringing back the option to change binding direction in page layout?? I work with multiple translation versions for documents (english, arabic, burmese, hakha chin, karen, haitian creole and more) - having to install a new language version each time I need to work on one of these is not productive or easy to keep track of. I used to be able to choose binding direction.  Often the service bureau sends me an indd file that was set up in a language I don't have and I can't adjust the binding direction easily.  I've seen a lot of questions on this topic and the answer is always to install the language version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines