Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

change color to rgb | InDesign

Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I have created a flyer in InDesign in CMYK color mode for printing. Now the flyer should also be available digitally. How can I change my InDesign document completely from CMYK to RGB?

Thanks in advance (:

TOPICS
How to , Print , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Export the file to PDF and choose Interactive PDF.

If a PDF is the desired outcome.

File>export and choose Interactive PDF

EugeneTyson_0-1625563062004.png

If you just want an image use File>export and choose PNG and select the colour model on export.

You can then make further colour/size/etc edits in Photoshop

File>Export>PNG from the drop down list

EugeneTyson_1-1625563093635.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Oct 23, 2023 Oct 23, 2023

Hi Rob. Thanks for the answer. I work for print. However, what I'm after is simpler. It doesn't always happen, but there are documents in which there may be color samples in RGB format. But before I could convert the color from RGB to CMYK, I would like to be shown a window with the list of RGB colors that are present in the document (if the document finds any RGB colors). And in that same window I could choose whether or not I want to convert to CMYK.
I appreciate your answers and I also think i

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export the file to PDF and choose Interactive PDF.

If a PDF is the desired outcome.

File>export and choose Interactive PDF

EugeneTyson_0-1625563062004.png

If you just want an image use File>export and choose PNG and select the colour model on export.

You can then make further colour/size/etc edits in Photoshop

File>Export>PNG from the drop down list

EugeneTyson_1-1625563093635.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eugene,

thanks for the quick respond! 

I already did the export to PDF (interactive) but when I open both (the cmyk-file AND the new exported PDF) there is no difference between the coloring. So that tells me that the export to rgb did'nt work. Am I right on this one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No - the interactive PDF should be all RGB.

If in doubt you can convert it in Acrobat Pro

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/color-conversion-ink-management-acrobat.html

But it should be fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I already did the export to PDF (interactive) but when I open both (the cmyk-file AND the new exported PDF) there is no difference between the coloring. So that tells me that the export to rgb did'nt work."

Why would you expect the PDF export to mess up the colours? All your CMYK colours can also be seen correctly on screen, and exporting will preserve that look.

Certainly going the other way can mess up colours, because you can design in RGB colours that cannot be printed in CMYK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also export a print PDF as all RGB by setting the Export>Output tab’s Destination to sRGB. If there is complex transparency that a browser can’t handle set the Compatibility to Acrobat 4. Something like this:

Screen Shot 28.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2023 Oct 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob. Thanks for the answer. I work for print. However, what I'm after is simpler. It doesn't always happen, but there are documents in which there may be color samples in RGB format. But before I could convert the color from RGB to CMYK, I would like to be shown a window with the list of RGB colors that are present in the document (if the document finds any RGB colors). And in that same window I could choose whether or not I want to convert to CMYK.
I appreciate your answers and I also think it will be helpful. But I would like a script with the above information - it is important too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2023 Oct 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, It's to another post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines